Sorry, this job has expired.
If you are seeking a fulfilling and rewarding career, the Missouri Veterans Commission offers you the opportunity to honor and serve the Veterans whose dedication and sacrifice have preserved our nation and its freedoms. The Missouri Veterans Commission is a state merit system agency and offers a superior employee benefits package.
Currently we are seeking full time Nurses (RNs/LPNs) for our state of the art long-term care facility in Cameron. Our family of staff is dedicated to a continuum of quality care that meets individual needs Do you have a passion to help veterans?
Your responsibilities will include:
• Demonstrating knowledge of and promote resident rights, including but not limited to the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse.
• Promptly reporting incidents or evidence of resident abuse or violations of residents’ rights.
• Following dress code guidelines as per MVC policy and procedure.
• Working wherever needed within the department and facility.
• Ensuring privacy of all protected health information to which he/she may have access.
• Performing duties in a safe manner minimizing the risk of on the job injuries.
• Demonstrating knowledge of emergency procedures and respond accordingly.
• Demonstrating understanding of the mission statement of the Missouri Veterans Commission Homes Program. Facilitate implementation of care systems, i.e., falls, infection control, quality management programs, etc.
• Assessing, organizing, and planning staff duties on assigned shift. Continually evaluating the care outcomes and monitor staff performance to assure appropriate care is administered according to the plan of care.
• Assisting and/or initiating nursing assessment within 8 hours of admission.
• Implementing resident MDS and care plan according to healthcare protocol as assigned. Completing sections of MDS as assigned.
• Demonstrating knowledge of all care key factors. Identifying daily the residents who are at high risk for negative outcomes in key factors on the unit assigned and communicating to staff at all levels.
• Taking and recording temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, etc.
• Making rounds with physicians, inform them of the status of patients and receive instructions on further care and treatment. Transcribing and implementing physicians’ orders accurately.
• Following established policies and procedures. Documenting all nursing assessments, interventions and evaluations.
• Ensuring completion of infection line listing.
• Ensuring 24 hour change of shift report is accurately completed daily according to established protocol.
• Giving medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician. Delivering medication accurately and providing evidence of follow-up observation for effect, adverse reaction or incompatibilities.
• Performing a variety of nursing procedures according to acceptable standards of practice such as wound care, catheterizations, tracheal care, tube feedings, administering oxygen, etc. which may require bending at the waist, stooping, crouching, reaching with arms in order to empty catheter, provide dressing changes, etc. Performing finger pinching and grasping for IV therapies, portacath access, etc.
• Assisting staff with resident care needs as necessary. Lifting and moving residents with physical disabilities for positioning, toileting, bathing/showering, transferring, etc.
• Promoting and assisting with resident elimination, which includes transfers to and from the toilet, stooping or bending at the knees to empty catheter bags, etc.
• Demonstrate knowledge of and promote resident rights, including but not limited to the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse. Promptly report incidents or evidence of resident abuse or violations of residents’ rights.
• Follow dress code guidelines as per MVC policy and procedure.
• Participate in individual training plan as required which includes 12 hours of training per year and required inservice education.
• Work wherever needed within the department and facility.
• Ensure privacy of all protected health information to which he/she may have access.
• Perform duties in a safe manner minimizing the risk of on the job injuries.
• Work overtime as needed.
• Work weekends, holidays, evenings, and nights as needed.
We believe that work/life balance is important, which is why we offer the following:
• 3 weeks paid vacation
• 3 weeks sick leave
• 12 paid holidays
• Excellent Health & Life Insurance
• Competitive pay
• Creative scheduling opportunities