Sorry, this job has expired.
If you are seeking a fulfilling and rewarding career, the Missouri Veterans Commission offers you the opportunity to honor and serve the Veterans whose dedication and sacrifice have preserved our nation and its freedoms. The Missouri Veterans Commission is a state merit system agency and offers a superior employee benefits package.
Currently we are looking to hire a CNA to work evenings and nights at our St. Louis location.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Providing resident care as presented in the C.N.A. course and in the MVH procedure manual.
• Complying with the individualized care plan for residents and providing support to the resident according to the care plan.
• Providing the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information and observations of the residents’ needs and preferences.
• Attending to individual needs of residents which may include but are not limited to assistance with grooming, bathing/showering, oral hygiene, delivery and set up of food trays, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic appliances, repositioning, transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communicating, etc.
• Transporting residents to and from their room, dining room, recreational room, and elsewhere as required.
• Walking and standing extensively to and from various locations of the facility while making rounds and transporting residents within the facility.
• Making resident beds.
• Serving between meal and bedtime nourishment as assigned.
• Encouraging/assisting residents with hydration requirement.
• Providing care that maintains resident skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears, and other damage by changing incontinent residents, turning, repositioning immobile residents, and applying moisturizers to fragile skin, etc.
• Performing all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated, and proper disposal of soiled materials.
• Accurately performing vital signs, heights, and weights as assigned.
• Promoting and assisting with resident elimination, which includes transfers to and from the toilet, stooping or bending at the knees to empty catheter bags.
• Responding to internal and external disasters such as fires, tornados, etc.
• Documenting and reporting to charge personnel any complaints voiced by resident/family or observations that indicate a change in the resident’s condition.
• Identifying, documenting and reporting significant occurrences according to MVH policy and procedure.
• Answering call lights promptly and courteously.
• Lifting and moving supplies and equipment.
• Demonstrating the ability to approach and communicate with residents in an effective and therapeutic manner.
• Providing instructions for resident self-care as necessary.
• Pushing wheelchairs when asked to assist with transportation or recreational therapy, and adjust foot pedals, secure wheelchairs in vans and bus with tie downs.
• Transferring residents from wheelchair to chair/vehicle seats, walk throughout the facility all day.
• Must be at least 17 years old and currently certified or enrolled in a certification course within 4 months of date of hire.
• Possess a valid Driver’s License from Missouri or state of residence and, as necessary, drive during day and/or nighttime hours both in town and on the highway.
As a CNA you will also be expected to:
• Demonstrate knowledge of and promote resident rights, including but not limited to the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse. Promptly report incidents or evidence of resident abuse or violations of residents’ rights.
• Follow dress code guidelines as per MVC policy and procedure.
• Participate in individual training plan as required which includes 12 hours of training per year and required inservice education.
• Work wherever needed within the department and facility.
• Ensure privacy of all protected health information to which he/she may have access.
• Perform duties in a safe manner minimizing the risk of on the job injuries.
• Work overtime as needed.
• Work weekends, holidays, evenings, and nights as needed.
We believe that work/life balance is important, which is why we offer the following:
• 15 vacation & sick days
• 12 paid holidays
• Exceptional Health, Dental and Vision benefits
• Employee Discounts to Six Flags St. Louis, The Lodge of Four Seasons, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon, St. Louis Blues Hockey, and Peabody Opera House.